Thread: Buying Help

Exclamation Buying Help

Hi All,

So a friend of mine ran into a potentially too good to be true type deal adn I wanted to see if anyone has hear of any of the companies involved. The horn is being sold from Poland and shipped through http://www.4logistics.pl/en and is telling him to pay through Perfect Money. He has been offered a screaming deal on a Prestige from a guy named:

Prof. Adam Aleksy Critcher
    Aleksandra Gryglewskiego 16
    Gdansk, Gdansk, 80-303
    Poland

Any help would be greatly appreciated. I know some of this throws red flags but I just want to make sure whether it is or isn't a legit deal. and if it is are the companies safe to use.

Justin
    Adams E1 SS, Gold Brass Body .6mm DE Euph N103 Jcup, J9 shank
    Meinl Weston 2141 Eb Tuba PT 84

I have no experience with 'Perpect Money' or buying from overseas. I suspect though that Perfect Money is similar to PayPal in that it would take care of the exchange rates - and hopefully some protection against non-delivery.

This subj. was recently discussed on TubeNet with forum members having different results. Here's that link:

Advice on overseas purchases:
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

3. I would be very cautious with this deal. Unless there's complete, money back protection from Perfect Money, I would look elsewhere. Why can't the guy sell the horn on eBay and use PayPal?

The Escrow company has the money back guarantee. The way the deal is supposed to work is the seller gives it to said escrow company, buyer pays the company, and then once both sides have completed their task, the company ships the horn to the buyer and gives him a 10 day grace period to inspect and try the horn to insure it is what the buyer advertised. If it is, the company releases the funds to the seller and the buyer keeps the horn, if not the company returns the money to the buyer and returns the horn.

EDIT: the escrow company is the 4logistics, and they ask you to pay them with perfect money. and yes as far as I can tell it is like a paypal type company with a few other options that have mixed reviews as they are loans.

He should look up and contact the seller. If he can't find him or he wont respond, then drop it. If he does respond, get pics of horn and request paypal.

Edit: you already have the address. Contact him.
    Last edited by CEBunker; 05-17-2016 at 04:00 PM.
    Chris Bunker
    Adams E1, Wick 4AL

Seller has been very responsive, but he is not the one requesting the use of Perfect money, the escrow company is.

Hello,
    Just for help :

This link is in French but you can use google translate :
    http://www.undernews.fr/banque-carte...y-reserve.html

An other one ( 2013) :
    http://beforeitsnews.com/economy/201...a-2523660.html

And the last one :
    https://perfectmoney.is/tos.html
    Termination of Agreement 1.25

FedEx, DHL and others can send from Poland to the USA.
    As you can see, I'm curious of all things
    Wessex Dolce euphonium
    You-foh-nee-um: from the Greek word euphonos witch means "beautiful-souding" or "sweet-voiced"

Yeah, this is the type of thing that we were worried about. My friend has decided to not proceed with the deal. Not only have they proven to be super sketchy but also very unwilling to help you in the event that anything goes wrong. "1.19 Any transaction can be reversed only at court decision." That's just great....

Thanks all for the help!!!