Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: NEW Front-Action Compensated Euphonium

1. Got a chance to try this out at the DC conference. I only played it for a few minutes, but it seemed to play very well. I would agree with the previous comment that it felt very light and responsive. I couldn't really comment on the sound, as the room was pretty noisy, but I was pleasantly surprised. I will mention however that I felt it was more difficult to hold while standing than a standard "top valve" model, although this could've just been me.

2. Unfortunately this horn didn't work very well for me at all when I tried it. The issues were two fold:

1. Having the sound come into my left ear is distracting. Not so bad on my Conn 24I when I use a front facing bell, but I have the same feeling when I play the Conn with a straight bell.
    2. The horn was awkward for me to hold. My stomach sticks out too far (hint!) and the horn presses against my diaphragm when I hold it it the most natural way. Holding it away from my body is very uncomfortable due to its weight. I have the same issue with my Conn 24I but it is much lighter.

I think it is a good horn, but not for me.

Doug
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band

I e-mailed Wessex today about the availability and price. I was advised to check back in April. So I guess it is on hold.
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

4. I'm visiting the Wessex USA store in Ferrysburg, Michigan today (7/21). I'm planning to try the Festivo’ Front-Valve Compensated Euphonium – EP104, since I know there are a number of people that are interested in this model. I prefer top action valves myself, but it will be interesting to try a comp front action. Are these in stock to try?

5. Sorry, Wessex Tubas Michigan store is closed until July 25th for vacation.
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

OK, Experts! It has been 2˝ years since anyone made a post on this horn. What is the verdict on this horn? I’m giving this model strong consideration for ergonomic reasons. After 65 years on trombone, I can no longer hold a trombone without causing nanny-goat like vibrato on sustained tones. I bought a Schiller Elite to determine if I could hold a euphonium without my essential tremors interfering. I need Your input on this model if you have any. Thanks for your help! Joe, U.S. Army Bands retired.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234