Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: NEW Front-Action Compensated Euphonium

1. Quote Originally Posted by FedXav8r View Post
    I would be VERY interested in this euph as I primarily play solos in Church and it appears the ergonomics would be much better. What type of "sound" difference are you trying to attain with a different bell?
    The sound difference is very little. The slightly smaller diameter bell more focuses the sound.
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

2. Here is the mark 2 prototype EP104 Festivo front compensated euphonium now it has been silver-plated.

This euphonium will be exhibited in the next month at both NAMM (California) and US Army Workshop (Washington DC)Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0270.JPG 
Views:	82 
Size:	2.71 MB 
ID:	4690Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_0271.JPG 
Views:	63 
Size:	2.84 MB 
ID:	4691
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

Wow. Looks great!
    Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

4. Will this euphonium be available to test play at your Michigan facility prior to NAMM?
    1979 Yamaha 321S Euphonium
    1965 Conn 7G/6H Valve Trombone
    2014 Wessex BR140 Baritone

5. No, is going direct to NAMM from UK. It will be available to try at Michigan store for a month after US Army workshop.
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

Very very interested in such a horn. Going to attempt to attend the workshop at Ft. Myer. There seems to be some confusion about entrance into the Army post and I didn't get an answer from the head of the workshop and now have to contact security at the post. According to the Pershing website, you need a state approved ID (Pennsylvania is not on the list) and if not, a background check at the gate which could take upwards of 30 minutes or more. I've played the valve front Conn 24I since 1954 with the 4 valve configuration. Hopefully, the front 4 valves with the Festivo will feel as comfortable when using only the right hand as with the Conn. It's so ingrained that I can't imagine learning the 3 + 1 setup. I've played the Dolce and I think this new euphonium will fill all the checks in my wish list.
    B&S 3046 Baritone/Euphonium
    Wessex Festivo
    B&S PT37-S
    Schilke ST20 Tenor Trombone
    Jupiter XO Double valve bass trombone

Quote Originally Posted by BDeisinger View Post
    Very very interested in such a horn. Going to attempt to attend the workshop at Ft. Myer. There seems to be some confusion about entrance into the Army post and I didn't get an answer from the head of the workshop and now have to contact security at the post. According to the Pershing website, you need a state approved ID (Pennsylvania is not on the list) and if not, a background check at the gate which could take upwards of 30 minutes or more. I've played the valve front Conn 24I since 1954 with the 4 valve configuration. Hopefully, the front 4 valves with the Festivo will feel as comfortable when using only the right hand as with the Conn. It's so ingrained that I can't imagine learning the 3 + 1 setup. I've played the Dolce and I think this new euphonium will fill all the checks in my wish list.
    The Conn 86I (four-valve front) was all I knew from 1960 to 2012, when I got my Jinbao 3+1. Learning the new setup was so easy that I don't even remember that there was a transition period. I think you might find that you're more flexible than you thought you were.

That said, I would still LOVE to try this new horn
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

8. When will Festivo be available to order and when will they arrive?

9. The Festivo will be on website later this month and we will start taking orders. Delivery of the first will be this summer.

The second prototype is considerably better than first prototype exhibited last year. It now has all the great characteristics of the 3+1 Dolce.
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page

I enjoyed trying out this instrument at TUSABTEW! It's fun to play, light and responsive with a really nice sound. I think it's a winner for players who have a gig where this type of instrument would fit in.
    --
    Barry

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast