Thread: New York Philharmonic - May 28, 2106

New York Philharmonic - May 28, 2106

Will anyone else be going? My wife and I have tickets to hear Alan Baer performing the John Williams Tuba Concerto. Also on the program: Elgar "Introduction and Allegro" and Holst "The Planets." David Robertson will be the conductor. This will be one of the rare times to hear a euphonium playing in the Philharmonic (in the Holst suite).

I think it'll be a fun show for members of this forum, and if anyone else is going, we'd be happy to meet up for dinner beforehand.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

That's called ordering tickets wayyyyyy in advance!
    Chris Bunker
    Adams E1, Wick 4AL

Quote Originally Posted by CEBunker View Post
    That's called ordering tickets wayyyyyy in advance!
    CEBunker:

We got our tickets even further in advance, because we have a season subscription to the Philharmonic. We usually wind up picking out concerts that'll be a year away. We have pretty good seats in the orchestra section now, and early renewal guarantees that we keep the same seats from season to season.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

Still, > 90 years in advance is pretty unprecedented.

But in all seriousness, thanks for the heads-up about this. I'm considering a trip up to see it. I wonder who will play the euphonium part?
    --
    Barry