Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: College music major euphonium purchase

They are all good, but everyone has a different concept of sound and different instruments work for different people. You really need to try them all in order to make an informed decision. Advice from Internet postings isn't going to help you in this case.
    --
    Barry

2. Hey guys! Just wanted to post an update; I ended up finding a lightly used Miraphone M5050 w/trigger and I couldn't be happier. It sounds and plays amazing. I won't get into a detailed review of it here, but I just wanted to thank you all for your help in my search!

Congrats on your new M5050! It's a great horn and should serve you well for many years. The mpc that comes with the horn, Warburton BT16, is an excellent match for the horn too.

Please be sure to provide a review when you have time.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Quote Originally Posted by stephenhunt16 View Post
    Hey guys! Just wanted to post an update; I ended up finding a lightly used Miraphone M5050 w/trigger and I couldn't be happier. It sounds and plays amazing. I won't get into a detailed review of it here, but I just wanted to thank you all for your help in my search!
    Congratulations! Sounds like you found a great horn, and I suspect you will be very happy with it.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12