Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Lincolnshire Posy - Would Like Input/Opinions

Quote Originally Posted by daruby View Post
    Hi all,

I will be doing this in the next cycle with the Metropolitan Wind Symphony scheduled for a March 2019 performance. I will (of course) use my baritone. Thanks for the comments above. I will do my homework!

Doug

I played it last year on baritone with the Grand Street Community Band in Brooklyn. NY. I found a great resource to be this video of Fennell rehearsing the navy band. I watched to whole thing and marked my part as he went. Also, check if your band owns the critical edition score and parts. If not, I own the set and can lend it to you.

https://youtu.be/9mNMCX93jGA

Don

I know we're all agreed here that the baritone is the right choice. You'll notice in rehearsal if you listen in Lisbon especially that the baritone needs to blend with the horns. It was tough in our band with intonation and the distance between the euph and horn sections. Now I know why they sit the baritones and horns together in brass bands.

Don

Quote Originally Posted by djwpe View Post
    I know we're all agreed here that the baritone is the right choice. You'll notice in rehearsal if you listen in Lisbon especially that the baritone needs to blend with the horns. It was tough in our band with intonation and the distance between the euph and horn sections. Now I know why they sit the baritones and horns together in brass bands.

Don
    No horns in a brass band.

Mike

Quote Originally Posted by mbrooke View Post
    No horns in a brass band.

Mike
    Eb alto horns are still called "horns".
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123