Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Another opportunity for a CKB 5G

I had the same experience recently with a mouthpiece purchase John. They do shine up quickly though, I'm thankful for that. I love the Hagerty's polish. Seems to work well with both horn and mouthpiece.

What cloths with the polish in them do you use. I've not tried that. Sounds like a neat idea.
    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
    Yamaha 354 Trombone
    Conn 15I Euphonium

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus1 View Post
    What cloths with the polish in them do you use. I've not tried that. Sounds like a neat idea.
    There are many on the market, and your local music store may have them. But here is a good choice from Hagerty, which includes their tarnish preventative additive so your shine will last longer:

http://www.amazon.com/Hagerty-15700-...dp/B00C9QGXAO/
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    What Dave suggested sounds great. I have some that I got directly from Yamaha. I may try one from Hagerty.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Quote Originally Posted by John Morgan View Post
    I have several silver polishing cloths with polish built into the cloths. They did the trick already. Mouthpiece looks fine now, I, however, look like a fool. My natural state, says my wife (with a smile and love).
    John, no need to beat yourself up over this. I do this sort of thing, too. It seems to come with the territory when we reach our age. I'll bet your wife does similar things as well.

I bought one of these last year from MP express because of a post on this board. Since then, it's become the mp I use with my horn. Great mp!
    Euphs:
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Wessex Travel (Tornister) Euphonium 'Maly' ER154
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    Groups:
    The San Diego Concert Band

I bought one of the last two listed. Looking forward to its arrival. I have been struggling with my Dw4AL so looking forward to a big cup with a smaller diameter.

I, too, thought Quinn's large stash of these mps was about gone, so I bought another one as a backup given their low prices. However, it seems that he has more again. He seems to pull them like rabbits out of a hat! I'm not sure exactly how many he really does have, but he''s sold over a 100 and the listing says that he has more than 10 available. At the price he's selling them, it looks like everyone here on the forum will be able to get one if they want one.

Here'e the link once again for anyone who isn't tired of me recommending this mp.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-5G-Trom...mvSB=true#rwid

Update:

Ebay lists that Quinn is down to his last King/CKB/UMI 5G. He once had 133.

If you've ever been interested you should take a look because these are no longer in production.

Here's the link again:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/King-5G-Trom...c=1&rmvSB=true

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123