X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Radar
    • Aug 2015

Lehman M mouthpiece

Although they aren't in production anymore, I've recently had the receiver on my YEP-321 switched out to a Euroshank, and I've been using a Lehman M mouthpiece that I got from the instructor I've been working with. I'm finding the tone I'm getting out of the horn is fantastic, and with a little getting used to it, my range is just as good as it was on the smaller mouthpieces.
  • euphdude
    • Feb 2006

Also the Giddings and Webster Carbonaria pieces are based off either the Lehman M or S model...can't remember which. I spoke with Ivan at the Army conference and he said it was based off of Glenn Call's piece. I bought a used one off the trombone forum, and I absolutely love it. Apparently there is a Lehman Deep model too, which I can't even imagine how deep that is....as Doug Elliott measured my Carbonaria as equivalent to his L cups...nearly the depth of a Schilke 60 bass trombone mouthpiece.
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone

Comment

• mbrooke
      • Jan 2006

Just curious... Who's your instructor? There weren't many original Lehman mouthpieces made. Be careful with it. Your endurance will suffer.

Mike

Originally posted by Radar View Post
      Although they aren't in production anymore, I've recently had the receiver on my YEP-321 switched out to a Euroshank, and I've been using a Lehman M mouthpiece that I got from the instructor I've been working with. I'm finding the tone I'm getting out of the horn is fantastic, and with a little getting used to it, my range is just as good as it was on the smaller mouthpieces.

Comment

• Radar
        • Aug 2015

It's funny that Glen Call was mentioned in this thread, Glen Call is the instructor I work with when he isn't in Florida, I played with him in a local Army Reserve Band some time after he got out of the Marines for a short period of time. Glen is also the source of my Lehman M mouthpiece. I am aware of the endurance issues with the Lehman mouthpiece, and they did go away with practice on it.
        Last edited by Radar; 01-06-2018, 12:24 PM. Reason: grammer

Comment

Working...
        X