Thread: Used Instruments in Northern Indiana

1. Used Instruments in Northern Indiana

About 8 years ago I was a superintendent of a charter school. We were looking for inexpensive tubas. I found a place somewhere in the South Bend, IN area that was way out in the country on an old farm. The guy probably had a thousand instruments in barns. He reconditioned them, but also sold instruments he collected that played well, but looked awful. That's what we were looking for at the time. I went home with an Eb tuba and a Bb tuba. Both played quite well, but looked awful, so we didn't spend too much for them.

I'd like to go visit that place again. He was an interesting guy and had some spectacular deals in used instruments. The problem is, I don't remember the name, and I certainly don't remember how to get to his farm.

I thought there might be someone on the forum who knows of this place. Any information would be appreciated.

Thanks,

John

I have no idea, but it sounds like heaven!

Did you buy the instruments with receipt? If so, maybe the school's administration can find them?

Post this question on Tubenet. There are members there who used to work for WWBW (which was in South Bend). They might well know who you're talking about.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

4. Quote Originally Posted by ghmerrill View Post
    Post this question on Tubenet. There are members there who used to work for WWBW (which was in South Bend). They might well know who you're talking about.
    Thanks Gary, Done.

Later,

John

5. Found it -- Liesure Time Music, LaPorte, IN

Later,

John