Thread: FS: Yamaha Neo Baritone - Model YBH-831S

Thumbs up FS: Yamaha Neo Baritone - Model YBH-831S

It is with a heavy heart that I'm offering my mint practically new Yamaha Neo Baritone for sale. Please see attached for my full review of the horn, posted May of 2015:

ITEM SOLD FOR $2,795

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthread.php/19709-Yamaha-Neo-Baritone?highlight=neo+baritone#.Vrep1_nR9di

The reason I'm selling is the horn has been sitting in my closet unused for the past 5 months. The brass band I used to play with has taken up with contesting big time, and I have not had time to attend the extra rehearsals, sectionals, etc. that have sprouted up in preparation for the upcoming events. I still plan to occasionally play with them during local gigs, etc., but they have a full section now without me, and the horn is just sitting there not being used. This has been bothering me because although I love the instrument, it was not inexpensive, and this past week I found another horn (a Yamaha Neo euphonium) that I like just as well as this one, and my other gig, a euphonium gig in a concert band, rehearses on a schedule that I can actually play with them and make most of the rehearsals. So I'm selling this to finance another purchase of a different horn that I like just as well....that I can actually play in an ensemble much more frequently.

So there you have it. You can see my assessment of the horn in the link above. It is unchanged since then, and has only left my house once for a brass band rehearsal over the summer. It is in mint condition. I tried to photograph the couple of very small scratches on the back of the horn near the bottom bow. You can only see it under certain lights. That is the only imperfection on the horn. Also included is the factory paperwork. New, the Brasswind sells these for $5756 if you can get one...they have been on backorder since the model was released. This one is yours for $3200 plus shipping. Anyone in the DC area is welcome to give her a honk, and of course you can can buy in person too and save on shipping. I'm putting it up for auction if no one here or the other low brass sites is interested in a few days...for slightly higher costs to offset the fees.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails neobell.jpg   neo2.jpg   neo4.jpg   neo3.jpg   neo5.jpg  

neo6.jpg  
    Last edited by davewerden; 02-25-2016 at 08:07 AM.
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone

Wow! Great deal! And these are SUCH nice instruments. I'll have to ask my wife!
    --
    Barry

Come on over Barry! You're just a few exits away! Playtests welcome!
    - Scott

King Jiggs P-bone

Texas, where every thing is bigger & BETTER
    This would look really nice sitting next to my Neo Euphonium! If only I had that kind of cash sitting around! *starts filling out McDonalds application, printing lawn care services flyers, and going door to door selling vacuum cleaners*
    Yamaha 642s Neo

Quote Originally Posted by Asianeuph View Post
    This would look really nice sitting next to my Neo Euphonium! If only I had that kind of cash sitting around! *starts filling out McDonalds application, printing lawn care services flyers, and going door to door selling vacuum cleaners*
    Believe me, if I had the funds to justify the purchase, I'd love to have a stable of 2 Neos!
    - Scott

King Jiggs P-bone

Bump
    - Scott

King Jiggs P-bone

- Scott

King Jiggs P-bone

Come on people! Less than 18 hours left! No bids yet and starting price is HALF price!
    - Scott

King Jiggs P-bone