Thread: ALERT! - Great Price on Besson 4-Valve Comp in Silver

Thumbs up ALERT! - Great Price on Besson 4-Valve Comp in Silver

This horn probably dates from 1971, so it is the medium shank. Really, really good condition and the valves look good too. It appears to be bright finish, which is unusual. Not much denting at all. The buy-it-now price is $1,800 and that is a terrific bargain unless I'm missing something. There is a make offer button, but I would not fool around if you want this horn.

ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD FOR "BEST OFFER" (AMOUNT NOT DISCLOSED)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Silver-Compe...-/252279392382

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	s-l1600.jpg 
Views:	37 
Size:	202.1 KB 
ID:	3702 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	32 
Size:	234.8 KB 
ID:	3703 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	27 
Size:	321.5 KB 
ID:	3704 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	26 
Size:	244.2 KB 
ID:	3705 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	22 
Size:	255.9 KB 
ID:	3706
    Last edited by davewerden; 02-07-2016 at 11:44 AM.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Was anyone here the lucky winner?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Not me, sadly. I made an enquiry about shipping costs to Australia overnight and woke to find my questions answered and the horn sold. Lovely looking horn. All the best to the buyer!

4. I am in the process of trying to sell my 1972 New Standard Besson 4-valve euphonium that I brought with me to Australia when I moved here. Are you still trying to purchase one Trperry?

Hi cmh-in-oz

I ended up buying a Chinese Yamaha clone instrument from Germany last week. It arrived today. I haven't had a blow yet. I'm hopeful ... but it's a shame I didn't wait a little longer. I love the idea of owning a classic 70s Besson, but I think my wife is fairly unlikely to consent to me buying two euphoniums in the same month (and I still haven't sold my Getzen yet). Where abouts are you based? And how much were you looking to sell for? I know a couple of players in Sydney who would probably buy it from you or find you a buyer.

All the best
    Tim

6. I'm in Perth. I don't know how much -- while researching, I came across this forum and thought I'd post the question about what it might be worth. Also too bad I found this site yesterday as my husband is from Sydney and was just over visiting his parents a week ago and could have brought it over!