Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Late Show with Stephen Colbert

Quote Originally Posted by JTJ View Post
    The tuba/euph/trombone player is Ibanda Ruhumbika, who is from Georgia and studied with David Zerkal before going to Julliard.

Here's the band:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KFP0Sun25K0
    That's a wonderful tuba solo in the beginning of the YouTube clip.

I did not recognize that piano at all. It bore the logo IB&R - no hits on a Google search. The case looks like a Steinway, but many companies imitate Steinway cases. The tone was good and clear on massed chords, which to my ears says "Steinway." Maybe IB&R is the logo for the rental company that provided the piano for the venue?

It occurs to me that my digression on the piano may bore you. Sorry about that.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1 mouthpiece
    Bach 36B trombone; Bach 6.5AL and Faxx 7C mouthpieces (pBone on loan to granddaughter)
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo; RIP) and Delilah (the cavapoo) keep me company while practicing

looks like a steinway model D, with a big obnoxious logo from this music store http://www.iberpiano.com/
    --
    Barry

That tuba appears to be a MW 2141 Eb. Good choice. I wouldn't mind having one of those. Unfortunately, a bit pricey.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

Quote Originally Posted by ghmerrill View Post
    That tuba appears to be a MW 2141 Eb. Good choice. I wouldn't mind having one of those. Unfortunately, a bit pricey.
    You can clearly see by the fingerings at around 7:40 that it's a CC tuba.
    --
    Barry

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12