Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Just Got a Wessex Dolce Euphonium - WOW!

Thanks for the advice Dave.

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    You will like and have fun with the Wessex. Super horn and it continues to amaze me every time I play it! The 4th valve is fun and very, very useful for both intonation and technique. Learn it well, it is your friend!
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Folks,
    I want to thank all for sharing your wisdom in this forum. I am new to this forum and because of your thoughts and comments I recently purchased a Wessex Dolce and am very impressed with the quality and attention to detail in the manufacture and design. I am an amateur tuba and euphonium player who returned to playing again 18 years ago after a 20 year hiatus and thanks to private lessons, a lot of practice and the help of musicians like yourselves, I thoroughly enjoy playing in the community bands and small ensembles I've been blessed with today. I also have a York Eminence euphonium and purchased the Wessex to save wear & tear on the York and although I've only had it about a month now, the intonation and tone quality is exceptional as you had indicated. I also own and play a Chinese made Eastman 632 CC tuba that Matt Walters redesigned and is a quality instrument at a very reasonable price. Since I know Matt well I was comfortable that some of the issues with the earlier design of that horn had been corrected since he worked on it. I use it also to save wear & tear on my Meinl 3450 which is a much more costly instrument. The Eastman is a very easy playing horn whose intonation is also spot on.
    I cannot thank you enough for your review and comments on the Dolce and for sharing your wisdom in this forum, where a "hack" like me can learn how to continue to get better.

Best Regards

Summerfield, Florida Sturgis, SD (summers)
    Tubadewey - So glad you are happy with the Wessex. It is truly a remarkable horn. They are doing great things to bring really good horns to people all over at prices many can afford to pay. Happy days!! I have kept my Wessex even after getting my new Adams E3 in May. Several of my friends wanted to buy it, sorry friends, you will have to go get your own!! Enjoy the horn and many years of happy playing.
    John Morgan
    The U.S. Army Band (Pershing's Own) 1971-1976
    Adams E3 Custom Series Euphonium, 1956 B&H Imperial Euphonium,
    1973 F. E. Olds & Son Studio Model T-31 Baritone
    Adams TB1 Tenor Trombone, Yamaha YBL-822G Bass Trombone
    Year Round Except Summer:
    Kingdom of the Sun (KOS) Concert Band, Ocala, FL (Euphonium)
    KOS Brass Quintet (Trombone, Euphonium)
    Summer Only:
    Rapid City Municipal Band, Rapid City, SD (Euphonium)
    Rapid City New Horizons Band (Euphonium)

Thank you John. All the best to you as well.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123