Thread: Jordan Moore -- Is this kid for real?

1. Jordan Moore -- Is this kid for real?

I came across this video while looking for euphonium ensembles.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBcQ...VHZHaz0mNuWuRK

He's done a lot of these and he seems to play all instruments, though his main instrument is euphonium.

Check out his site.

https://www.youtube.com/user/Euphoni...1797/playlists

Later,

John

I'm moving this to the Videos section of the forum. Seems like a better fit.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Thanks Dave!

Later,

John

This kid (he’s technically no longer a kid at this point) is legit! I just found one of his YouTube videos as I was searching for other inspiration of the Bach cello suites - he apparently got an undergrad at Eastman majoring on euphonium, but he plays a bunch of other instruments. He plays on a Yamaha Pre-Neo 642S that has an aftermarket trigger added with a Schilke 51D. He has a ton of YouTube videos, including all movements of the Bach Cello Suite #1 that he played on his senior recital. There are videos of him playing other instruments as well - his most popular secondary instruments appear to be the tuba, horn, and an ancient recorder/flute type instrument called an ocarina. Very cool stuff - check out his YouTube page, and several of his recordings are on iTunes as well.
    - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
    Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
    King Jiggs P-bone

One fortunate son...

Considering how much time I "waste" watching euphonium on YouTube and reading this forum, I am pretty shocked I have never come across Jordan's stuff before. Thanks for nothing, YouTube algorithm!

Anyways, thanks for bringing this thread back to life, Scott, I have really enjoyed Jordan's playing and arrangements so far.

7. I'd be willing to bet that one of his talents is video/audio editing. Nobody lines up 1/16th notes at that speed like that without some technical assistance. Still, impressive in a lot of ways, but the recordings are heavily tinkered with.

Agreed hyperbolica, I assume anyone posting good multitrack videos on YouTube is doing plenty of editing on the back end to line everything up and probably fix intonation/balance issues as well. All the same, nice playing and fun to watch!