Thread: Euphonium Case

Euphonium Case

Hey guys, so last week the shoulder clip on my Soundwear performer came off and my Besson Prestige ended up hitting the ground. Later i found out that the fall nearly folded my bell. The damage to the bell area was devastating. Luckily the local repair guy is great and fixed her up for me, but now i lack trust in my case. So with all that said i am now in the market for a new case. I am looking for something i can trust, protect my instrument, lightweight, shoulder straps, and looks good. I've seen good John Packer, Reunion Blues, Marcus Bonna, and Fusion cases and I am sure there are many more great ones out there. I would like to hear what people think of these and any stories to share about them. If you have one of these and are trying to sell it let me know as well. I am just trying to get as much info as possible before i make an investment on one of these. Thanks in advance!

Welcome to the forum! My own choice is the Altieri.

https://www.altieribags.com/br_euphonium.html

I use only my gig bag for daily storage and car travel. I would use the Bonna case for an airline, but it is heavier.

My original Altieri served me well over more than 2 decades, then I bought a new one in the last few years. Even then, the old one was serviceable, but I began to worry about the shoulder strap sewn seams having possibly just worn over so many years. They showed no sign, but every 20 years perhaps it's worth buying a new bag! You can even get the Altieri in various colors and with various-color linings if you want to personalize it. Those are shown on the order form:

https://www.altieribags.com/secure/br_orderform.html
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

No more heartbreaking sound than the crunch of horn hitting solid ground! Glad you were able to get it put back to right.
    Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL

Cronkhite. They were gracious enough to make a custom one for my 5050 at no additional charge. The 5050 has a wider girth than most other horns and mine wouldn't fit in their standard euph case.
    Euphs:
    Miraphone 5050 Ambassador
    Wessex Travel (Tornister) Euphonium 'Maly' ER154
    Yamaha 201 Baritone
    Mp: Wick SM4 Ultra X
    Groups:
    The San Diego Concert Band

5. Would the Alteri fit a mack brass euph?

Pretty sure it would. A Miraphone 5050 might be a problem, but the Mack is the same size as a Yamaha 641, which is about the same as my Adams. As part of the ordering process for Altieri you give them measurements. They don't custom size each bag, but I'm guessing they want to make sure your horn will fit the bag they sell you. I'd fill out the form and place the order; then call them and ask that they are sure to check the dimensions. You could also call them first to ask; they may already know the answer.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium