Thread: Wessex Euphonium Video

Wessex Euphonium Video

I'd like to hear how the Wessex euphonium sounds, are there any videos out on the web played on a Wessex?

I can't recall seeing one. If I ever have one for a long-term test I'll probably do a video for fun.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

I mean, I'm not that great of a player(yet) but I can probably play something on mine in a few days and look into recording it.

I've got one video on YouTube on a "Schiller," which is basically the same horn, albeit not so lovingly taken care of once it hit our shores. (I have two other videos, but they are with the Jinbao oval.) I can't copy links here, so you'll have to hunt for my channel, which is "David Bjornstad".
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

That would be great. Thanks.

Very nice Dave. Thanks.

7. I have seen several customer video's but would not post without specific permission. Video demonstrations of all the Wessex range by professional musicians is something I would like to add to the Wessex websites, but have so far just not had time to arrange and implement.

As i have just employed an assistant at the UK store, hopefully will be able to implement in the not too distant future.

Quote Originally Posted by DaveBj View Post
    I've got one video on YouTube on a "Schiller," which is basically the same horn
    The Schiller is not really the same horn. They have the same ancestry, but Wessex have made several improvements, the most important to the sound being the floating leadpipe on both Dolce and Dolce Cantabile. That has been such an improvement that we are also now having the Eb tuba and compensated baritone so fitted.
    www.Wessex-Tubas.com
    Customer Services & Chicago Showroom visits: Dolce@Wessex-Tubas.com
    Shipping & UK Showroom visits: Coda@Wessex-Tubas.com

Visit our Facebook page