Thread: Marine Corps Euphonium and Trombone vacancy

Marine Corps Euphonium and Trombone vacancy

My name is Gunnery Sergeant Victor Ney and I am one of six Musician Placement Directors for the Marine Corps. It is my mission to find and select those who have what it takes to become Marine Corps Musicians.

The Marine Corps Music Program is currently looking for a few good men and women as we have opportunities available for the following instruments:

Flute/Piccolo, Clarinet, Saxophone, Oboe, Bassoon, Trumpet, Horn, Trombone, Euphonium, Tuba, Percussion, Jazz Guitar, Jazz Bass, Jazz Piano, and all Bugles

**We have IMMEDIATE OPENINGS for TROMBONE and EUPHONIUM**

Marine Corps Musicians are world renowned for their talent, professional acumen, and strength of character. There are also multiple advantages topursuing a career in the Marine Corps Band to include:

-Music is primary job
    -Steady pay and benefits
    -Rapid Promotion
    -Gain unparalleled performance experience with hundreds of live performances
    each year
    -Travel the country and the world

If you are an individual who thinks they have what it takes, know another musician that is looking for professional employment, or have further questions regarding Marine Corps Band opportunities, please reply to this thread or contact me at either number below. I wish you the best of luck in your musical endeavors and have a great summer!

Respectfully,
    Gunnery Sergeant Victor M. Ney
    Musician Placement Director
    United States Marine Corps Music Program
    4th Marine Corps Recruiting District

Office: 717.770.4659
    Cell: 717.440.2943
    Fax: 717.770.4536

For more information, go to:
    http://www.mcrc.marines.mil/4thmcd/R...icProgram.aspx

Let's dress up this page properly!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	130302-m-DC729-01_web.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	70.0 KB 
ID:	3143
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thank you!!

Gunnery Sergeant, can you please expand a little bit on the immediate opening of Euphonium? Specifically the location, and types of ensembles involved with this position.
    Adams E1 SS, Gold Brass Body .6mm DE Euph N103 Jcup, J9 shank
    Meinl Weston 2141 Eb Tuba PT 84

5. I am also really interested in this! However, I would like a little bit more information.

Good Evening! The Marine Corps Music Program is a pool of 600 musicians that we use to field 10 bands across the United States, Hawaii, and Japan. All of our bands are structured like wind ensembles. In addition to performing as a wind ensemble, the same musicians perform in other ensembles to include: Marching Band, brass quintet, woodwind quintet, jazz combo, big band, rock band, brass/party band, etc. When an applicant auditions, its not for a specific band, but rather for the program. However, if a high enough score is achieved on the audition, the applicant may get to pick their first duty station based on the current vancancies. Every Marine is a rifleman, to include musicians. Marine Musicians maintain the same qualifications as every other Marine: rifle, pistol, martial arts, swimming, and gas chamber. Once an applicant qualifies for the program and accepts the job, they go to recruit training. Following that 13 week course, applicants attend Marine Combat Training and then go straight to the Armed Forces School of Music. This school is 6 months long and teaches new Marine Musician how to march like Marines, follow mace commands, etc. Following successful completion of the music school, the musician goes to their band.

Currently, the audition process consists of a grade 5 or 6 standard repertoire piece, knowledge and ability to play all four forms of scales (2 octaves with arpeggios) and sight reading. Unlike the other services, the Marine Corps auditioners will tell you immediately if you qualify for the program. For more information, visit my website: http://www.mcrc.marines.mil/4thmcd/R...icProgram.aspx Or call me: 717-440-2943!
    Last edited by drum2nite; 06-11-2015 at 09:56 PM.

Thanks for the additional information! I'm sure it will be helpful to those not familiar with the program.

Readers: of course you realize that when he says "gas chamber" that is an entirely different context than is commonly used in law enforcement!
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Thanks for the additional information! I'm sure it will be helpful to those not familiar with the program.

Readers: of course you realize that when he says "gas chamber" that is an entirely different context than is commonly used in law enforcement!
    Oh my! Yes, I never thought about the permanent gas chamber. Back in the 60's it was a tear gas chamber where you had to take off your gas mask and state your 'name, rank and serial number' to the sergeant and then put your mask back on. It was a "tearful experience' but doable.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

I am definitely interested!

Mr. Armas, you or anybody else interested in an audition can give me a call on my cell number listed above. I would be happy to answer any questions and discuss a time for an audition. If I don't answer, please leave a message I promise to get back to you as soon as possible. I will also be at the Tuba and Euphonium Festival in Atlanta, GA at the end of the month. Also, if you know of any Trombone or Euphonium players that are looking for professional work, feel free to pass along my contact infromation.

Semper Fidelis!
    GySgt Victor Ney