• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davewerden
    Administrator
    • Nov 2005

Originally posted by Davidus1 View Post
    Rick - Were the arrangements made for that size/type of group or were you simply doubling parts on traditional quartet music. I'm sure that is a tremendous sound with a group that size!
    Winston Morris' group at Tennessee Tech and his professional group "Symphonia" used 6-8 parts. Most arrangements were written for them. Some are published, but I don't have a list.

Doubling also works well.

When I did my arrangement of the March from Holst's Second Suite I did a 4-part version and a 6-part version. Symphonia played the latter.

Cimarron has about 34 for larger-size E/T ensembles.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

• Davidus1
      • Jul 2008

Originally posted by davewerden View Post
      Winston Morris' group at Tennessee Tech and his professional group "Symphonia" used 6-8 parts. Most arrangements were written for them. Some are published, but I don't have a list.

Doubling also works well.

When I did my arrangement of the March from Holst's Second Suite I did a 4-part version and a 6-part version. Symphonia played the latter.

Cimarron has about 34 for larger-size E/T ensembles.
      Thank you. I appreciate the info. I've been looking through the Cimarron site. Some good stuff there. Some pretty tough stuff as well. With the potential of having students in this group I'll have to pick things that are a good fit. Lots of options though. Thanks for the resource.
      John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
      Yamaha 354 Trombone
      Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

• knuxie
        • Dec 2005

You can browse my stuff at sheetmusicplus. http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/publis...2?aff_id=15680
        Last edited by davewerden; 09-11-2015, 06:46 AM.

Comment

• Davidus1
          • Jul 2008

We have formed our tuba quartet and are practicing. May have our first performance at a concert in November. It would only be opening for the concert band. We have two tubas, trombone and euphonium. I've purchased quite a bit of music off of Cimarron and BVD Press and will continue to acquire more music as we progress. We are having a lot of fun with it and I hope the forum users here are involved in a small group like this. It really is a blast and will improve your playing.

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
          Yamaha 354 Trombone
          Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

• Davidus1
            • Jul 2008

knuxie - I missed your post. Thanks for posting and I'll check out your music. Dave - I purchased "The Washington Post" march and some others of yours from Cimarron. We're having fun with them. I would still purchase the Atlantic Tuba Quartet recordings if they were available on either CD or digital download.

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
            Yamaha 354 Trombone
            Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

Working...
            X