• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • davewerden
    Administrator
    • Nov 2005

FS: Sterling Perantucci Euphonium - Compensating 4-Valve in Silver

This is the pre-Virtuoso model, in this case made of yellow brass in standard weight. It appears to be in very good condition. The yellow/standard model is a very "friendly" horn to play, with a sweet sound and easy response. The valves are stainless steel and look like they are in great shape (no surprise, because stainless steel is very hard!). It comes with what looks like a Reunion Blues gig bag. Seller is very highly rated with a long history. The buy-it-now price is $2,100 [just reduced] and there is a bidding option as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-Per...-/331576611552

Click image for larger version

Name:	$_57.JPG
Views:	1
Size:	288.6 KB
ID:	120634 Click image for larger version

Size:	358.6 KB
ID:	120635 Click image for larger version

Size:	276.6 KB
ID:	120636 Click image for larger version

Size:	287.3 KB
ID:	120637
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium
  • davewerden
    Administrator
    • Nov 2005

Update: price has been lowered $100, and you can still place a lower bid if you want.

I'm not an expert at bidding and such, but if you are interested, you might make a bid of $1800. That would get it down to a very sweet price.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Comment

• mariopallazola
      • Mar 2015

I was thinking of getting a sterling 1065 fully compersating horn but this seems to be a good deal. Does anyone know how it compares to the yamaha 641 and If I could use this horn in college
      My email is mariopal123@yahoo.com and I could do 2000shipped, contact me as soon as possible

Comment

• davewerden
        Administrator
        • Nov 2005

This is the model 1065, and it's fully compensated. Just follow the link above and make your bid there.

This would be fine in a college setting. I used to play one in the Coast Guard band.
        Dave Werden (ASCAP)
        Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Comment

• davewerden
          Administrator
          • Nov 2005

Still available - I just updated the link above. I still suggest trying to get it for a few hundred bucks less! He might be ready by now.
          Dave Werden (ASCAP)
          Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Comment

• euphdude
            • Feb 2006

Hey Dave, are the parts (i.e., felts, valve guides, etc.) compatible with the current Sterling Virtuoso?
            - Scott

Euphoniums: Dillon 967, Monzani MZEP-1150S, Dillon 1067 (kid’s horn)
            Bass Trombones: Greenhoe GB5-3G, Getzen 1052FDR, JP232
            King Jiggs P-bone

Comment

• tampaworth
              • Nov 2010

Originally posted by euphdude View Post
              Hey Dave, are the parts (i.e., felts, valve guides, etc.) compatible with the current Sterling Virtuoso?
              Check out this thread. From Dave's response at the time I would say probably not. But a beautiful horn for sure!

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...C#.VXSwz3D3aK0
              Bob Tampa FL USA
              Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
              Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

Comment

• davewerden
                Administrator
                • Nov 2005

The latest information I have is that Sterling is no longer using Bauerfeind valves. However, my best guess is that the horn above has Bauerfeind and it should not be too hard to find felts, guides and such. You could drop a line to Sterling and ask:

enquiries@sterlingbrass.co.uk

If they ARE Bauerfeind, the Adams could probably get you what you need as well.
                Dave Werden (ASCAP)
                Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Comment

• tampaworth
                  • Nov 2010

It's interesting to note how the availability of lower priced higher quality clones has reworked market dynamics -- Just as the seller of this very nice Sterling Euphonium is experiencing. I'm not taking a stand either way as I'm obviously on both sides of the ownership fence myself. I do, however realize that with this market effect, any of my (or your) used British horns may command less money.
                  Bob Tampa FL USA
                  Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
                  Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

Comment

• Davidus1
                    • Jul 2008

True. I guess there is both good and bad points to this but as you mention, I'm on both sides of the fence (a little more on the clone side of things right now). Quality instruments at lower prices will hopefully benefit the field of music in the long term.
                    John 3:16

Conn Victor 5H Trombone
                    Yamaha 354 Trombone
                    Conn 15I Euphonium

Comment

• hsmhp
                      • Mar 2009

Originally posted by mariopallazola View Post
                      I was thinking of getting a sterling 1065 fully compersating horn but this seems to be a good deal. Does anyone know how it compares to the yamaha 641 and If I could use this horn in college
                      My email is mariopal123@yahoo.com and I could do 2000shipped, contact me as soon as possible
                      I had a 641 a few years ago and have the Sterling now. My 641 was a bit stuffy in the lower register, but played well in tune. The Sterling 1065 I have now had some tuning issues at first, but when I switched to a Mead Ultra mouthpiece, most of those issues were resolved--don't ask how, they just were. I like how the Sterling plays in the lower register. I'm well pleased with the horn, except for the silverplating. I figure I'll have to get it redone sometime in the future.
                      David Smith

Comment

• Pat
                        • Dec 2008

I tried to put in a reasonable bid on this one, but the reserve must be just about the same as the "buy it now". I always find that to be a bit irritating. If you just want to list a "buy it now" price, then do so and don't pretend that it's an auction.
                        Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL

Comment

• tampaworth
                          • Nov 2010

Originally posted by Pat View Post
                          I tried to put in a reasonable bid on this one, but the reserve must be just about the same as the "buy it now". I always find that to be a bit irritating. If you just want to list a "buy it now" price, then do so and don't pretend that it's an auction.
                          Totally Agree. When EBay first came on the scene the auction format was exciting to me with the prospect of "getting a great deal." Although that can happen, it's not often the case and I've come to appreciate an up front bottom line "Buy It Now" price.
                          Bob Tampa FL USA

Comment

• Pat
                            • Dec 2008

Auction closed with no sale... didn't meet the reserve. We'll see if it gets re-listed.
                            Sterling Virtuoso Euphonium, Denis Wick 4AL

Comment

Working...
                            X