Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Sterling Perantucci Euphonium - Compensating 4-Valve in Silver

Question FS: Sterling Perantucci Euphonium - Compensating 4-Valve in Silver

This is the pre-Virtuoso model, in this case made of yellow brass in standard weight. It appears to be in very good condition. The yellow/standard model is a very "friendly" horn to play, with a sweet sound and easy response. The valves are stainless steel and look like they are in great shape (no surprise, because stainless steel is very hard!). It comes with what looks like a Reunion Blues gig bag. Seller is very highly rated with a long history. The buy-it-now price is $2,100 [just reduced] and there is a bidding option as well.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Sterling-Per...-/331576611552

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	$_57.JPG 
Views:	42 
Size:	288.6 KB 
ID:	3024 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	37 
Size:	358.6 KB 
ID:	3025 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	31 
Size:	276.6 KB 
ID:	3026 Click image for larger version. 

Views:	29 
Size:	287.3 KB 
ID:	3027
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Update: price has been lowered $100, and you can still place a lower bid if you want.

I'm not an expert at bidding and such, but if you are interested, you might make a bid of $1800. That would get it down to a very sweet price.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

I was thinking of getting a sterling 1065 fully compersating horn but this seems to be a good deal. Does anyone know how it compares to the yamaha 641 and If I could use this horn in college
    My email is mariopal123@yahoo.com and I could do 2000shipped, contact me as soon as possible

This is the model 1065, and it's fully compensated. Just follow the link above and make your bid there.

This would be fine in a college setting. I used to play one in the Coast Guard band.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Still available - I just updated the link above. I still suggest trying to get it for a few hundred bucks less! He might be ready by now.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

6. Hey Dave, are the parts (i.e., felts, valve guides, etc.) compatible with the current Sterling Virtuoso?

7. Quote Originally Posted by euphdude View Post
    Hey Dave, are the parts (i.e., felts, valve guides, etc.) compatible with the current Sterling Virtuoso?
    Check out this thread. From Dave's response at the time I would say probably not. But a beautiful horn for sure!

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...C#.VXSwz3D3aK0
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

The latest information I have is that Sterling is no longer using Bauerfeind valves. However, my best guess is that the horn above has Bauerfeind and it should not be too hard to find felts, guides and such. You could drop a line to Sterling and ask:

enquiries@sterlingbrass.co.uk

If they ARE Bauerfeind, the Adams could probably get you what you need as well.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

9. It's interesting to note how the availability of lower priced higher quality clones has reworked market dynamics -- Just as the seller of this very nice Sterling Euphonium is experiencing. I'm not taking a stand either way as I'm obviously on both sides of the ownership fence myself. I do, however realize that with this market effect, any of my (or your) used British horns may command less money.
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

True. I guess there is both good and bad points to this but as you mention, I'm on both sides of the fence (a little more on the clone side of things right now). Quality instruments at lower prices will hopefully benefit the field of music in the long term.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast