Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: FS: Sterling Perantucci Euphonium - Compensating 4-Valve in Silver

Quote Originally Posted by mariopallazola View Post
    I was thinking of getting a sterling 1065 fully compersating horn but this seems to be a good deal. Does anyone know how it compares to the yamaha 641 and If I could use this horn in college
    My email is mariopal123@yahoo.com and I could do 2000shipped, contact me as soon as possible
    I had a 641 a few years ago and have the Sterling now. My 641 was a bit stuffy in the lower register, but played well in tune. The Sterling 1065 I have now had some tuning issues at first, but when I switched to a Mead Ultra mouthpiece, most of those issues were resolved--don't ask how, they just were. I like how the Sterling plays in the lower register. I'm well pleased with the horn, except for the silverplating. I figure I'll have to get it redone sometime in the future.
    David Smith

I tried to put in a reasonable bid on this one, but the reserve must be just about the same as the "buy it now". I always find that to be a bit irritating. If you just want to list a "buy it now" price, then do so and don't pretend that it's an auction.

3. Quote Originally Posted by Pat View Post
    I tried to put in a reasonable bid on this one, but the reserve must be just about the same as the "buy it now". I always find that to be a bit irritating. If you just want to list a "buy it now" price, then do so and don't pretend that it's an auction.
    Totally Agree. When EBay first came on the scene the auction format was exciting to me with the prospect of "getting a great deal." Although that can happen, it's not often the case and I've come to appreciate an up front bottom line "Buy It Now" price.
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

Auction closed with no sale... didn't meet the reserve. We'll see if it gets re-listed.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12