Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Question about new to me horn.

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_quince View Post
    Hi Chris,

Welcome back to playing euphonium! I've got the same horn and I get a fair amount of water out of the bottom of the valves. I don't think you have a problem at all.

Here's what I use to handle it: http://www.amazon.com/Jo-Ral-Gutters...tter+euphonium Simple, cheap, and works great.
    I used one of those for a while, but I one day took it off and found that it actually left scratches and a indention on my valves. I switched to the Wessex on and like it much better. But they may have changed in the year since I've had one. In my opinion though, I'd still much rather have a metal one like the Wessex. What's the spacing between the nipples on the bottom of your valves? I can measure my water gutter and see if it'll fit your horn.

Quote Originally Posted by Msan1313 View Post
    What's the spacing between the nipples on the bottom of your valves?
    The problem with the Kanstul bottom valve caps is they don't have nipples. So far, I haven't noticed any scratches on my valve casing from the grime gutter. That said, it's also a fairly easy fit on the Kanstul valves, so I don't think it's exerting a ton of pressure on them.
    Adrian L. Quince
    Composer, Conductor, Euphoniumist
    www.adrianquince.com

Kanstul 976 - SM4U

Quote Originally Posted by adrian_quince View Post
    The problem with the Kanstul bottom valve caps is they don't have nipples. So far, I haven't noticed any scratches on my valve casing from the grime gutter. That said, it's also a fairly easy fit on the Kanstul valves, so I don't think it's exerting a ton of pressure on them.
    Ah I did not know that. I was under the assumption that most compensators had them. When I used the Jo-Ral, I had to stretch it a fair amount to fit onto the valves, so that might've been the reason.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123