Thread: Anyone Heard From Doug Elliot?

Texas, where every thing is bigger & BETTER

Anyone Heard From Doug Elliot?

I got a set up from Doug back in February at TMEA, he didn't have the Lexan rim I wanted so he said he would manufacture and ship one to me when he got back home. He said expected time would be early March and after emailing him a few times he keeps saying he will try to make the rims at almost every reply. I emailed him back on 4-10-15 and did not get a reply, even when I told him I was interested in purchasing another rim. I told him I wasn't in a rush back in March, but it's almost May and now I kind of am in a rush.

looking for:

Lexan EUPH N102

Lexan XT N102

Thanks
    Yamaha 642s Neo

I know that Doug often gets very busy, not just with making new mpcs but with paid gigs and teaching. I'm pretty sure you'll hear from him soon.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Sorry, I actually am making rims right now and I'll do them today or over the weekend.
    After TMEA I accidentally messed up a large batch of rim blanks and then had nothing to work with. ... Making more blanks now and I'll finish those rims for you.

Quote Originally Posted by DougElliott View Post
    I accidentally messed up a large batch of rim blanks ...
    You may be unable to imagine how valuable this admission is to me. Not only does it make me feel immeasurably better that someone with your skill still messes up now and then, but I can show this admission to my wife in an attempt to "manage expectations."
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

Texas, where every thing is bigger & BETTER
    Thanks for your response, Doug. Please email me as soon as possible, thanks!
    Yamaha 642s Neo