Thread: FS: Mint Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium

Thumbs up FS: Mint Mack Brass Compensating Euphonium

ITEM HAS BEEN SOLD.

Hi Folks, I was a regular poster on this excellent forum until about ~2010 when I started playing more and more bass trombone. Recently my brass band has drafted me into playing English baritone, and instrument I've tried briefly but never committed to, even though I love it...well I'm going for it now I've played several of the Chinese clones, and the 3 valve compensating Besson, and for me nothing compares to the 4 valve Bessons. As you all know, these are not cheap, so I'm thinning the herd substantially to fund this.

The first thing to go is this Mint Mack Brass compensating euphonium in beautiful silver. You guys know all about this horn....it is Chinese made, but these are all screened by the owner, Tom McGrady, a professional tuba player, before they are sold. I bought this a couple of years ago when I was near his place while visiting a relative. I wasn't planning on buying a euphonium when I went there, but this one played so darn well and the price was right, so I couldn't leave without it. I've played this less than a dozen hours total in that time frame, so this is as new. There is not a dent or ding on this horn. Price is $750 plus shipping.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails FullSizeRender(1).jpg   FullSizeRender.jpg   FullSizeRender(2).jpg  

One other thing...these are currently going for $1000 so this will represent significant savings. If you are in the DC area, local pick up is welcome
    Last edited by euphdude; 04-23-2015 at 08:24 AM.

Hi Scott. Long time no see!

I told a friend of mine about your Mack euph. It looks really good.

Good to see you back posting again.

Rick
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

Hey Rick, it has been a long time! Wow you are playing on the Miraphone 5050! Much bigger in size than that older Yamaha you were playing. I've only played that Miraphone once at the Army conference a couple of years ago in the elephant room, but it was the most freeblowing euphonium I've ever tried, and the valve action was as good or better than the legendary German made Bessons...very short stroke, which I liked alot. Good for you. If I was in the market for a premium euph, this would be on my shortlist.

All the best!
    Scott

Sale is pending

Quote Originally Posted by euphdude View Post
    Sale is pending
    If the sale falls through I'm interested.

500$ + shipping to italy , with paypal... ok?

Is this sold? I'm interested as well....

Rob
    Wessex Dolce Cantabile
    Wick SM3X

The biggest chance you can take is not to take a chance

I'm trying to update the listings. Is this still for sale.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Yes! Sold not too long after I listed it! Sorry for not updating!