Thread: Really enjoyed hearing Dave Friday night at the University of Iowa

Really enjoyed hearing Dave Friday night at the University of Iowa

Dave, thank you very much for traveling to Iowa City and performing for us. My wife and I thoroughly enjoyed your recital and I enjoyed the opportunity to briefly chat with you. My wife, Jenny, also enjoyed meeting your wife while my low brass playing friends and I were talking with you.

I hope you will post some of the performances from that recital. I'm sure many of the other members here on the forum will want to hear those performances as well. That's one of the reasons I'm mentioning this on the forum rather than through a PM because I want to make my request public-- a bit of polite arm-twisting, perhaps. We all would love to hear them. I know I would want to hear them again.

My wife wanted me to put in a request if you have any sheet music arrangements of Till There Was You and Crazy? TTWY is a favorite of ours with lots of personal sentimental value in our relationship and she suggested that I could play it regularly for her on my horn. My mother in law is a big Patsy Cline fan-- one of her favorite lines is "what's not to like about Patsy Cline." It truly was a delight to hear you adopt that pop song on the euphonium.

Thanks again for coming to IC.

John Wiers-- aka John the Theologian
    Last edited by John the Theologian; 03-29-2015 at 08:02 PM. Reason: correcting capitlization and spelling

Thanks, John! It was great meeting you as well. Don't worry - at least some of the songs will make their way to YouTube, but it will be a while. I have to break apart the video and also sync up the separate audio recording I made (the camcorder mics are not so good). I'm also waiting for audio/video from Prof. Manning so I have more to choose from.

Till There Was You can be bought here:

http://www.sheetmusicplus.com/title/...1&aff_id=15680

I think I got Crazy from onlinesheetmusic.com, but I can't get to the site right now. I think it was listed with Willie Nelson's name in the search results.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium