Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • 58mark
    • Feb 2013

I'll look into those. it's an option. I could probably sell my 3v compensating besson for more than what it would cost to get one of those. I really want a willson 2975, but I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I wish Wessex would clone them!

Comment

• davewerden
      Administrator
      • Nov 2005

Originally posted by 58mark View Post
      I really want a willson 2975, but I haven't seen one for sale in a long time. I wish Wessex would clone them!
      Well... maybe. The 2975 is a great idea, but you should not expect it to play like a 2900. It has quirks. I suspect it is around the same weight as the 2900, but it feels heavier because of how you hold it, or maybe the balance. Intonation and response seemed quite different as well.
      Dave Werden (ASCAP)
      Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
      Adams Artist (Adams E3)
      Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
      YouTube: dwerden
      Facebook: davewerden
      Twitter: davewerden
      Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

• 58mark
        • Feb 2013

If they are making them for tubas players. maybe a 5v front action horn.

Comment

• jimdd
          • Feb 2015

Originally posted by bbunny View Post
          Just out of curiosity do you prefer front valves for hand comfort or for the bell's direction?
          Both. Players on either side of me have bell fronts, it would make sense to blend in. I do like the valves on front but I have not played a 4 valve bell front. My pinky might get challenged

Jim

Comment

• Rodgeman
            • Dec 2014

Originally posted by jimdd View Post
            Both. Players on either side of me have bell fronts, it would make sense to blend in. I do like the valves on front but I have not played a 4 valve bell front. My pinky might get challenged

Jim
            I have played Tuba and love playing my King 2280. Don't worry about your pinky! I highly recommend it. The 4th valve has enough of a slide to pull to tune to Eb so you can get the low B.
            Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Comment

• davewerden
              Administrator
              • Nov 2005

Check out this new listing for a King 2280 in silver and in mint condition. Price is $2,099.

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...Mint-Condition
              Dave Werden (ASCAP)
              Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
              Adams Artist (Adams E3)
              Alliance Mouthpiece DC3, Wick 4AL, Wick 4ABL
              YouTube: dwerden
              Facebook: davewerden
              Twitter: davewerden
              Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Comment

• Rodgeman
                • Dec 2014

Here is a King 2280 for sale:

http://northernlowbrass.webs.com/app...s/show/5463730

The owner of the shop is a tuba player. It seems to be a good price and they have pics.
                Cerveny BBb Kaiser Tuba

Comment

• jimdd
                  • Feb 2015

I am still on the prowl for a 4 valve front baritone/Euph. I have had a few leads from these forums and perhaps one will still work out, but nothing solid yet. PM me if you have one to sell. I have been playing a King 2280 for several years now, but I want the front facing horn for specific situations.

I am also considering upgrading my 2280 to Compensating Euph so maybe some sort of trade can be worked out.

I have learned so much on this forum over the past year. Thank you Dave and all the other contributors for insight and opinions!

Jim

Comment

Working...
                  X