Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Popular Songs that Yodel

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Interesting stuff so far, but I'd like more!!!! Keep 'em coming.

Rick, thanks for suggesting Crazy. It's not for the same reason as this post, but I'm going to be playing that in March as part of a recital at the U of IA. Nice song! Patsy comes closer to a yodel (fully there, I think, but not elaborate) in this song:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iO4BIFcIUHs

I also like the Eddy Arnold idea, although it too is not what I'm secretly hoping to find. (When I find it I'll share the secret) I've always found Eddy's voice relaxing; I think he had a tune in the top 40 when I young, which is the first I remember hearing him.
    The yodeling thing always seemed a bit to me like octave lip slurs, except with the vocal cords. I never could get the hang of the sudden switch for getting my vocal cords vibrating in two node mode. When I was younger, I sang a lot of falsetto parts, and could make a smooth transition between the two modes, but could never manage the yodel thing.
    3-valve Blessing B-350 Euphonium

http://youtu.be/FuVqEpmflc0 Here is one of the finest yodelers in world. Mr. Ronny Tippelt of The Walbug Boys from Walburg Texas. He was born in Bavaria and came to Texas and opened a restaurant. Check out all of The Walburg Boys videos on You Tube. He's fantastic!

Thanks for all the input earlier! My first output is now on my blog. Check it out! (More to come later)
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

That's one of the coolest uses of the double bell I've ever seen, Dave. Really effective. Great job!

Quote Originally Posted by bbocaner View Post
    That's one of the coolest uses of the double bell I've ever seen, Dave. Really effective. Great job!
    Thank you! I'm not quite out of ideas yet, but right now I only have a couple left. I will do a more showy yodel at some point (I already own the music, but dang it's hard!). Then I have one other idea to use a more conventional db technique, but in a way I think is more creative. But first I have some other items in the queue to take care of.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12