Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Willson Euphonium for Sale

1. Question Willson Euphonium for Sale

I have a Willson Euphonium that I would like to sell. I bought the horn used in 1994 when I was in high school. I played it until 1997. It sat at my parents house in the case until I recently picked it up. I just don't play anymore, want it to be enjoyed by someone who does, and would like the extra cash. I emailed Willson with the serial number and they responded "This is an Euphonium Model 2900TA, built in the mid of the year 1990." I am asking $4,500.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willson 1.jpg 
Views:	153 
Size:	507.6 KB 
ID:	2711Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willson 2.jpg 
Views:	118 
Size:	625.3 KB 
ID:	2712Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willson 3.jpg 
Views:	104 
Size:	664.7 KB 
ID:	2713Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Willson 4.jpg 
Views:	101 
Size:	627.8 KB 
ID:	2714
    Last edited by davewerden; 01-06-2015 at 03:10 PM. Reason: [Formatted; took out duplicate photos]

Looks like a nice horn. Could you please say if this has a medium-shank receiver? I assume so, but it would be good to know for sure.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Where are you located? I'm in the market for a 2900, but been waiting for the right deal to come along somewhat locally. I'm located in Indianapolis. I just can't bring myself to buy something that I haven't seen in person or test-played.

4. Yes, the horn has a medium-shank receiver.

5. Euphguy, I am located in Los Angeles.

6. I think I overestimated the value of my horn. If anyone is interested, please send me a reasonable offer.

7. Quote Originally Posted by jpmoor1979 View Post
    I think I overestimated the value of my horn. If anyone is interested, please send me a reasonable offer.
    Did you sell your 2900?

8. No. My 2900 is still available.

9. Hi, I saw your post. My son is in his high school band and needs a 4 valve compensating euphonium. He has been saving up and asked me if I could look into a used willson 2900 or Besson Prestige. Is your instrument still available and if so, can we come and take a look? We are located in the Los Angeles area.
    Thank you!
    Leah

Is this still for sale?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast