X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • RickF
    • Jan 2006

Randy,
    If you, or anyone else for that matter, is interested in a case like the Marcus Bonna Case, Brandon Jones has a John Packer case for sale - which is supposed to be exactly like the Bonna case here for $250.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches

El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    The Cowboys (John Williams, arr. James Curnow)
    Festive Overture (Dmitri Shostakovich)

Comment

• RandyL
      • Sep 2014

Funny how this thread ends up all over the place, topic wise. Kind of like real-life conversations. That Packer case would be interesting if I didn't already have too much money tied up in euph stuff. Hopefully it'll find a good and loving home.

Comment

• LouieD
        • Jul 2012

The fourth valve is "louder" than the other three valves. When I depress valves 1-3 they have a much quieter sound, where as the 4th valve makes a very loud sound when fully depressed and when it comes back to the top. It may be from the spring, I'm not sure.

As for the water issue, I do my best to completely get out all the water from the horn before storage. I blow through the horn with all the valves depressed, in different combinations and such. Afterwards I take out all of the slides and empty them before putting the horn away. Even if the horn sits for a couple of days. there is still some water/condensation that sits inside the valve area of the fourth valve, causing the aforementioned saturated felt washer problem.

If you would like a video of the sounds that the valves make, I could upload one to Youtube and upload it into this thread.
        Mack Euph
        Warburton Demondre MP

Comment

Working...
        X