Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Inderbinen Euphoniums

The company's website touts the horn as being handmade, so I imagine a person could request water keys. I'm betting they could buy them from suppliers.

BTW, if you REALLY like that dark look, you can also get the look from Adams. They don't show a euphonium, but here is a flugel - click the image to expand it. (I personally like the look OK on flugel or tuba, but don't care for it on euphonium.)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	flugel7.jpg 
Views:	21 
Size:	52.8 KB 
ID:	2455

Or here is a tuba that I like, which is a little less radical:

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	TubaAntiqueEngravedFull.jpg 
Views:	30 
Size:	66.3 KB 
ID:	2456
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Thomas Inderbinen is a deity, and none of us are worthy of his magic.

He spends YEARS developing each of his horns (at least 10 on his trombones), and 8 months making every single one himself. He hand-hammers and anneals his bells upwards of 60 times until, to quote his site, 'all the materials resonate in harmony', and has a spooky, top-secret technique for soldering bell rim wires. His designs also seem to focus on stifling vibrations in the early flare of the horn, then using lighter, thinner metals so the sound can interact with the bell and later flares more (similar to Harrison and Monette trumpets). Regarding finish, he doesn't seems to finish it if he doesn't have to, but if you explore his Bb trumpet line, you'll see some interesting options. Regarding traditional waterkeys, they have a good number of inherent design flaws, and if he's left them off, it's because he means to.

I'll say it again; Thomas Inderbinen is a deity, and we are not worthy of his magic.
    I've been incredibly curious about these horns, if only because euphonium design has been pretty much stagnant for the past few decades. Herr Inderbinen is a sax player, and all of his horns have a jazzy bent, if they aren't explicitly jazz horns. Hence, curiosity abounds. If you can play it, or somehow come to own it, please make a followup post. His trombones are worshiped elsewhere, and I'd love to see how that Inderbinen magic works with a euph.

Thanks,
    Connor Jones

Anyone know how much the euphonium lists for?
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    Anyone know how much the euphonium lists for?
    David,
    It's on the web page: 10,300 euros.
    Dean L. Surkin
    Mack Brass MACK-EU1150S, BB1, Kadja, and DE 101XTG9 mouthpieces
    Bach 36B trombone; pBone; Vincent Bach (from 1971) 6.5AL mouthpiece
    Steinway 1902 Model A, restored by AC Pianocraft in 1988; Kawai MP8, Yamaha KX-76
    See my avatar: Jazz (the black cockapoo) and Delilah (the cavapoo puppy) keep me company while practicing

Quote Originally Posted by dsurkin View Post
    David, It's on the web page: 10,300 euros.
    Oh, I hate it when I miss seeing something that's so readily available! Thanks for pointing it out.

So according to Google it comes out to about $13,300.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

I see on the trumpets page that he uses Amado water keys, so I'm sure he could put those on his euphonium if you wanted.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)

7. According the seller of the used Inderbinen, the valve section is from Willson. In that case, do they make their own valve tubing without waterkeys?

Arne
    B&H Sovereign 968 Global stamp.

8. Have never encountered an Inderbinen euph in person, but I've been damn tempted to sell my belongings to buy one.

Once exchanged e-mails with a Chicago professional about the Inderbinen small bore trombone, he could not say enough about how incredible it is. He had taken the horn to a certain prominent bass 'bone player of the CSO, who was also struck by just how good it is.

Personally, I've only ever encountered the 'Wood' flugel model. Phenomenal, phenomenal, phenomenal horn. Physically, it is huge for a flugel, but the sound is really on another level. I've been fortunate to hear it in the hands of the right players, and they really made magic with it. They would've sounded good on a piece of PVC pipe, but it just had that extra something that you do not hear often.

Really would love to try the euph. Inderbinen usually has one at their booth at the Frankfurt Musikmesse, from what they've told me in past correspondence.

Matt
    Royal 22e R?giment Band

9. ""Have never encountered an Inderbinen euph in person, but I've been damn tempted to sell my belongings to buy one.""

It`s still for sale (Norway) 40000Nok/5000Euro/6200Usd :

http://www.finn.no/finn/torget/annon...uery=euphonium

Arne

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12