Thread: Redemption Recital, 12 October 2014, Cullman, AL

Redemption Recital, 12 October 2014, Cullman, AL

I have scheduled what I am calling my Redemption Recital for 2:00 p.m., Sunday, October 12, in the atrium of the Family Life Center of Sacred Heart Catholic Church, 217 2nd Ave. SE, Cullman Alabama. Planned works include "Two Holst Songs," the first movement of Mozart's 3rd Horn Concerto in Eb, "Yellow Rose Variations," Robert Spillman's "Two Songs for Tuba," my own "Uff-Da Polka," and Eugene Reiche's 2nd Concerto in A Major for Trombone. Dr. Martin Cochrane has indicated that he will show up to play a guest solo (chops break for me ) and to duet with me on "Deep Inside the Sacred Temple." It's going to be free and open to the public, so y'all come, y'heah?
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)

This recital actually came off yesterday; I had to bump it a week because of a scheduling conflict. It went well -- not perfectly (what recital ever does?), but well enough that I'm very happy with it. Now I can put behind me that stinker of a recital that I had back in 1968 :-P

Hu-u-u-uge thanks to Martin Cochran for his coaching, for his guest solo, and for helping with the practical furniture-clearing and equipment-loading afterwards.
    David Bjornstad

1923 Conn New Wonder 86I, Bach 6 1/2 AL
    2018 Wessex EP100 Dolce, Denis Wick 4ABL
    2013 Jinbao JBEP-1111L, Denis Wick 4AM
    2015 Jinbao JBBR-1240, Denis Wick clone mouthpiece of unknown designation
    Cullman (AL) Community Band (Euph Section Leader)
    Brass Band of Huntsville (2nd Bari)