Thread: IOWA: Bell Damage Repair - Lee Stofer

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

IOWA: Bell Damage Repair - Lee Stofer

Hi all,

As I was traveling to ITEC this past weekend I took all the advice I possibly could and traveled Southwest Airlines because they use the larger Boeing737 planes and had would theoreticaly fit my marus bonna case inside the overhead. Well turns out it would NOT fit and the first flight I had took care of me and stowed it inside the cabin, but the second flight did not and speedily checked my horn underneath the plane. You can guess what happens next. Yep, bell damage. I am currently filing a claim with Southwest, but as many things it takes time. They are trying to not take liability for my damage even though the evidence clearly shows they dropped my case and crunched my bell. Meil Adams and Dave Werden, agreed with me on this when I talked to them earlier this week.

Mr. Werden recommended I talk to Lee Stofer because he has done great repair for people before and he was at the conference as well. I talked to Lee briefly and he did as much work as he could with the tools he had at the conference, but he did a fantastic job and removed 98% of the total damage. The only thing he left was some creasing since he did not have all of his tools and was afraid he would damage the lacquer of he put anymore pressure on the finish.

Thanks to Lee Stofer my bell looks like a bell again!
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	2014-05-19 10.15.20.jpg 
Views:	52 
Size:	2.33 MB 
ID:	2199
    Last edited by davewerden; 08-01-2019 at 09:58 AM.
    Adams E1 SS, Gold Brass Body .6mm DE Euph N103 Jcup, J9 shank
    Meinl Weston 2141 Eb Tuba PT 84