Thread: Half-Cover

1. Half-Cover

With all the talk about leather hand guards and such, I thought I might chime in with my $.02. I don't use hand guards, but I do use a half cover for most rehearsals and any parades or concerts. I haven't used it very long, but so far, I really like it. It was about the same price as a set of guards, and the for varies from brand to brand, but it's unique. And more importantly, it works! For me, I'm really anal about any type of smudging on my instrument, so this was a blessing. The only compint I have is that I need to take it off every time I put my horn in the case. Maybe with a gig bag I could leave it on? Nonetheless, I really enjoy this. Anyone else have experience with these Euph diapers?

I've never tried the full or half cover. They are pretty big so I wonder if they might inhibit the sound some. They were popular with some of the military musicians for awhile... especially the Navy I think.
    Last edited by RickF; 05-20-2014 at 08:34 AM.
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

3. Still used by the Navy and the Coast Guard when playing in dress whites. They help keep the white uniforms white!
    Adams E3 0.60 Sterling bell - Prototype top sprung valves
    Concord Band
    Winchendon Winds
    Townsend Military Band