Thread: FS Sterling Virtuouso at ITEC

FS Sterling Virtuouso at ITEC

I've listed my Sterling for sale on Tubenet.

http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=61254

I will have it with me at ITEC. If anyone is interested, please contact me through the forum. Asking $4,500 negotiable.

Don Winston

2. I have played Don's horn. It is a good one. It has the Bauerfeind valve set and the older style trigger assembly. This is a very good deal!...Doug
    Sterling Virtuoso 1052HS & Adams E3 Prototype 0.70 Top Sprung valves
    Sterling Virtuoso 1050HS baritone
    New England Brass Band
    Winchendon Winds/Townsend Military Band

3. How is a Bauerfeind valve set identified and was this a Sterling upgrade on the Virtuoso? I've always wondered if my Sterling 1065 is similarly equipped. Thanks!
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

The original valve sets were built by Sterling (I watched one being assembled when I was there in the 1990's). They had a round valve guide that was secured by a little tiny set screw in the top of the piston. Bauerfeind uses the rectangular style common to most horns.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

5. Thanks for the clarification Dave! My horn definitely has the original Sterling valve set.
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

Final Pre-ITEC bump. I'll be there wednesday thru Friday. Please make me an offer.

I've had a chance to play Don's horn at Mike Milnarik's "Tuba Euphonium Workshop" today. This is a very nice horn. I also play a Sterling, but the "standard" configuration. Don's horn has a somewhat warmer and more focused sound than mine which is very appealing (I also like the sound of mine, but it is brighter). This is a good deal for someone who is ready to step up. -Carroll