Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FS: Yamaha 641S - plus mpcs & mute

FS: Yamaha 641S - plus mpcs & mute

Just spotted this on TubeNet posted by DaTweeka who is/was a member here.

Horn;
    Yamaha 641S The smaller-belled counterpart to the 642, this horn has been shown some love. Though it has some dents and plating wear throughout, I've had no problems with the horn whatsoever, in terms of playing or build quality. Yamahas tend to be jack-of-all-trades, and this horn is certainly a work-horse. Asking $1,000, with cloth gig bag.

Mouthpieces;
    Warburton Demondrae Signature model in silver plate, large shank. The outside is a tarnished, but the shank is true and the rim is perfect. This piece is about the size of a Bach 3G, with a rounded rim and very open throat. It seems to work best when using lots of air and pressure. $100

G&W Kadja in Titanium Like new; as it's titanium, it doesn't dent, or tarnish, ever. It's a very light, responsive mouthpiece around the size of a 51D. They go for $345 new, so I'll go down to $295, with G&W pouch

Mute;
    Denis Wick Practice mute (the black one). One tiny dent in the flare about 1/2-in long and skin-deep. The adhesive keeping the rubber foam around the base has begun to peel away, and I haven't had time to fix it yet, though it will be fixed before shipping. $90

Link to ad:
    http://forums.chisham.com/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=59404
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton Brandon Jones sig mpc
    YEP-641S (on long-term loan to grandson)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    Russian Christmas Music (Alfred Reed)
    El Cumbanchero (Rafael Hernández) cell phone video

Just out of curiosity... is there a sound or feel difference between the stainless steel and titanium? Essentially is titanium that much better than stainless steel, or is it similar to comparing gold plate to silver plate where it has a slightly different feel but no sounds difference. Insight would be appreciated.
    Adams E1 SS, Gold Brass Body .6mm DE Euph N103 Jcup, J9 shank
    Meinl Weston 2141 Eb Tuba PT 84

holy cow, what a great price on that YEP-641!

4. I messaged him 3 times that I wanted to buy but no response.

Sorry for not posting here: been off the forum for a while. The Yamaha has been sold, though all the mouthpieces and mute are still available. In response to the titanium question, the difference between SS and titanium is pretty substantial. Titanium is an astonishingly light material (and damn near indestructible at that), and the tone reflects it. It's a very responsive mouthpiece, and you have to be incredibly clean with your technique, or the mistakes get heard in a big way. In the polished finish I ordered it in, the feel of the rim is most comparable to silver plate, and with a small, rather rounded cup, I find it to be very comfortable. If there are any other questions, photo requests, etc., please send them to connor.jjones at yahoo

Thanks,
    Connor Jones

As a general question for any Kadja users, is the cup depth deeper than that of a 52D it is so often compared to?

yes, by a lot

What Would you compare the cup to? a 52E2?

I don't have a 52E2 to compare against.

Anything else you have that could be used as a reference?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast