On with the my Quest!! As some of you know from reading my posts, I am trying to create a trio of Euphonium (American Baritone), Baritone (British Baritone) and Trombone that I play and can record in a small multi-track home studio that I am putting together . Along those lines I have recently been investigating the recording end. Initially I was looking at Avid's Pro Tools 11, but at $699 without any interface, it was looking to be more than I wanted to spend. Alternatively I found some all-in-one boxes from Tascam and Alesis with 24 tracks @ $499 that seemed viable. About that time I was tired of all the reading I was doing, so without any particular reason I just called Sweetwater (in IN) and ended up talking to Matt that grew up in Bow, NH, one town over from where I live in NH.

After listening to my story, Matt suggested buying the Avid Mbox that comes with Pro Tolls Express software @ $299. According to Matt, Pro Tools Express does pretty much everything that Pro Tools 11 does with a couple of exceptions and only does 16 tracks instead of 24. I've done a lot of reading about this bundle and wondered if any members of this forum have any experience with Mbox/Pro Tools Express? It's been described as a good way to get your feet wet with excellent sound quality, Pro Tools software compatibility and the ability to upgrade to Pro Tools 11 if you want later.