Thread: Mnozil Brass

Mnozil Brass

I saw this??entertaining, fun and solid musicians. Reminds me of seeing the Canadian Brass several years ago. Enjoy!

URL:
    http://youtu.be/G7_pBrAE_RA

I saw them do the same bit in Austria at ITEC 2012. It would have been very impressive just to hear the tuba solo, but do see how he does that in the middle of all those distractions was impressive on a whole new level. What a group!

Here's a photo from that concert. They were playing movie themes and at this point were doing Superman. These guys were playing as they moved across the stage, most of them hopping on one foot to simulate flying. (click to enlarge)

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	Mnozil-Superman.jpg 
Views:	10 
Size:	86.8 KB 
ID:	2094
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. I saw them live when I went to Germany this summer. We were out in a tent in a field with the locals catering. They all came and sat with the audience beforehand, ate more than anyone else, drank more than anyone else, then proceeded to play a mind blowing 2 1/2 hour concert. They're crazy good.

Crazy good is a good description. Looks like they have a lot of fun too. One of my favorites of theirs is "Lonely Boy" where Leonhard Paul (guy with long hair) plays four instruments at once. Two trombone with his bare feet, and two trumpets with his hands. Notice that he fingers the trumpets backwards - with his index finger on their third valve.

Mnozil Brass - Lonely Boy
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

5. That video is so amazing. Another good one is the olympic medley of theirs.

Thanks for posting the pic! I like the entertainment factor. I think this increases the audience. Again, it reminds me of the Canadian Brass. There is something for everybody at that type of show. Rick, thanks for posting that video. Its great!

The guy remains completely composed during the whole video while he is playing two trombones with his feet! Incredible.

Quote Originally Posted by Davidus1 View Post
    I like the entertainment factor. I think this increases the audience. Again, it reminds me of the Canadian Brass.
    Agreed! Maybe a little more extreme, but it works.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium