Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Tmea

Texas, where every thing is bigger & BETTER
    When I first arrived at the convention I found the Besson booth, but sadly Steve Mead was not there. They told me he would be there around 5, but I had to go to a meeting at 5. The next I finished all my meetings so i spent the rest of the time trying horns, yes I went back to the Adam's booth to try the horns again , I walked back to the Besson booth around Noon, and I picked up a prestiege to try and i turned around, and STEVE MEAD was walking towards me! my jaw fell to the ground! He dropped his jaw at me to joke with me :P i asked him for an autograph, but he said i had to play for him first. I played the first movement of Sonata in F - Marcello for him and then the second valve had trouble and he worked on it for a minute. After the first valve was fixed he played Sonata in F with me! I got a poster with his autograph and a picture with him! This was the highlight of my trip!

Steve was actually in my town and he performed at my local University, and my lesson teacher , who played with Mead, didn't tell me about the concert until the day after!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve and i.jpg 
Views:	11 
Size:	28.7 KB 
ID:	2103

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	steve mead autograph.jpg 
Views:	8 
Size:	19.5 KB 
ID:	2104

Kadja is nice. It's a good blend between a singing 51d/BB1 type of sound but with a little larger rim and a little bigger sound. The super large throat doesn't do any huge favors for us Besson players trying to bring down the 6th partial either! Nevertheless, I'd still be playing mine if it weren't for my wish to have a trombone mouthpiece in the same rim size.

Totally agree that Adams are really impressive.

Besson's manufacturing has been second to none since Gerhard Meinl started making them in 2007. I like their designs an awful lot too, but I'm getting pretty tired of the rotten customer service. So are some of their dealers. Spoke with two different retailers recently who are just about to the point where they are going to drop Besson as well as B&S and Meinl Weston.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12