X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Tred86
    • Nov 2013

FS: 2 Euphoniums (Vintage?)

I have recently inherited 2 euphoniums and am looking to sell them on to someone who will use them.

The first one is a Boosey & Co. Imperial Model (Silver), the exact engraving on the bell says "Solbron, Class A, Compensating Pistons". The serial number is 114307 which I think puts its manufacture at around 1922, I'm sure you are able to find out in more detail.

It's in pretty good condition with some minor denting from wear and tear and parts where the plating has worn.

The second euphonium is a 3 valve model made by Besson. I took advice from my band's euph player who tells me it is a Besson New Standard Non compensating model in lacquer. Apparently it has the characteristic valve caps which I can only describe as rolo shaped! Serial number 496757. Its in good shape but the plating has tarnished in parts.

If you are interested or would like to see photos please do not hesitate to contact me, I'm eager to rehome them as such fine instruments have no place in a lowly tenor horn players office!

My contact details are as follows:

Phone: 07976884917 Email: leedrew86@hotmail.co.uk

Thanks for your time

Lee
Working...
X