Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Wessex Euph

You can't go wrong with the Dennis Wick 4AL either.

Quote Originally Posted by Mederlock View Post
    That would be my choice. It depends on the kind of sound you like. The 51D is a very focused and dark sound. The 4AL is a broader, more open sound. Both are widely-used in the euphonium world.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Quote Originally Posted by tampaworth View Post
    Although MPs are a personal choice, you can't go wrong with a Schilke 51D in large shank (will fit your Wessex). These are great all-around Euphonium MPs and should be readily available without breaking the bank!
    Thank you, I appreciate the suggestion and your time in replying.

Quote Originally Posted by Mederlock View Post
    Thanks very much -- appreciate it!

Quote Originally Posted by davewerden View Post
    That would be my choice. It depends on the kind of sound you like. The 51D is a very focused and dark sound. The 4AL is a broader, more open sound. Both are widely-used in the euphonium world.

Thank you for your detailed reply, and HUGE thanks for this forum. It is incredibly helpful and encouraging to ask questions about an instrument… and wake up to answers the next morning from other musicians. Since I don't know any Euphonium player to ask except through this forum, it is especially helpful. THANK YOU.

Quote Originally Posted by Valerie View Post
    Thank you for your detailed reply, and HUGE thanks for this forum. It is incredibly helpful and encouraging to ask questions about an instrument… and wake up to answers the next morning from other musicians. Since I don't know any Euphonium player to ask except through this forum, it is especially helpful. THANK YOU.
    Running/hosting the forum is a bit expensive and time consuming, but you just expressed one of the reasons I am enthused to do it! The prompt Q&A is a great feature, but I also enjoy having all the information from years past archived here. Most of the answers are timeless.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234