Thread: In The Aeroplane Over The Sea -Neutral Milk Hotel

In The Aeroplane Over The Sea -Neutral Milk Hotel

Yes, that's the band's actual name, Neutral Milk Hotel. They're pretty popular in the indie music scene and they're known to be a Psychedelic Folk band. I saw them live a long time ago and I remembered when they did their signature song, "In The Aeroplane Over The Sea" one of the brass players grabbed a junky bell front Euphonium and played a solo. It sounded very trombony but it was cool to see them use a Euphonium.

Here's the Song the solo starts at 1:10
    http://youtu.be/hD6_QXwKesU
    Al
    Valencia College 2013
    UCF (GO KNIGHTS!)
    Studying Music Education as a Major

Weapons of Brass Destruction -
    Euphonium - 1969 Besson Imperial with a Denis Wick SM3U Mouthpiece
    Tenor Trombone - 2011 Getzen Eterna with a Schilke 51 D Mouthpiece

I play in various ensembles at Rollins College, the University of Central Florida, and anywhere else that needs either a Trombone or Euphonium player in the Central Florida area.

2. Quote Originally Posted by UCFEuph View Post
    They're pretty popular in the indie music scene and they're known to be a Psychedelic Folk band.
    I get the psychedelic -- from Wikipedia one of their songs "Little Birds", is a song about a boy whose body becomes filled with miniature birds that protect him from his murderous father.
    Their signature album is supposedly inspired by the story of holocaust victim Anne Frank
    I listen to all genres of music but am sorely lacking in the indie department. Thanks for an interesting listen
    Last edited by davewerden; 10-16-2013 at 08:43 AM. Reason: Corrected Wiki links
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim