Thread: Willson fits in a Bonna Case?

1. Willson fits in a Bonna Case?

The Horn Guys are looking into this too, but since someone here might know....has anyone fit a Willson 2900 into a Marcus Bonna case? The Horn Guys aren't sure and asked my daughter to measure the height of her horn, (which she's doing), but with the rigid sides, the Horn Guys were thinking a softer case might be more forgiving. I like the idea of the extra protection of the Bonna, if it will fit her horn. Has anyone done this?

Basically she's lugging her hard case all over campus and is bulking up her right forearm nicely. Another thing that's important to her is that the case can also fit folders of sheet music. Any advice is welcome. We're just beginning this musical journey.

Thanks for having this forum!

Have you tried contacting Bonna directly? I'm sure they are familiar with the 2900.

As for a music folder, don't count on any spare room inside the case. There is a small accessory area (oil, rags, etc) and a double-mouthpiece holder. You can also fit a travel mute in the bell. But it's a very close fit in general. There IS a zip-off exterior folio with carry handles. See this thread:

http://www.dwerden.com/forum/showthr...ium-Bonna-Case

It's a great case, and is lighter than most hard cases. If she has the popular slab-sided wooden case for the Willson, the Bonna case is LOTS lighter than that one! Plus Bonna provides shoulder straps. One of my college students carries his Adams in the Bonna case on his back virtually every day.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Thanks Dave. I emailed Willson, but I will email Bonna next and ask. Thanks for the links to the pictures too. I'm new to this forum and wasn't logged in when I read that thread earlier so the photos didn't show up. They help a lot!

4. There is a pro in DC who puts his Willson 2900 in a MB case, I'm am not sure if it was custom fitted.