Thread: Leather strap for case

Leather strap for case

As I stated in my double bell euphonium thread, my case has a tied plastic bag for a handle (the leather strap is long gone). While the bag surprisingly does a serviceable job, I'd prefer to use something a little more trustworthy. It's the original case, so would like to fix this one. Can anyone recommend somewhere to find a leather (or other similar material) strap?

Thanks!

You might go for something like this:

Universal leather case handle

(If you scroll down the page there will probably be suggestions for other types as well)
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. These come in regular and heavy duty versions. They work great as permanent replacement handles and look nice as well! Of course the anchors need to still be on the case to attach it to. I use one as a replacement handle for one of my Euph cases. I got the heavy duty one (has metal reinforcement under the strap) but I think the regular would have done just fine. I bought it from here but not sure if it's the best price --
    http://www.hardwareelf.com/elf/handles.jsp
    Last edited by tampaworth; 07-18-2013 at 09:38 AM.
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim

Quote Originally Posted by tampaworth View Post
    These come in regular and heavy duty versions. They work great as permanent replacement handles and look nice as well! Of course the anchors need to still be on the case to attach it to. I use one as a replacement handle for one of my Euph cases. I got the heavy duty one (has metal reinforcement under the strap) but I think the regular would have done just fine. I bought it from here but not sure if it's the best price --
    http://www.hardwareelf.com/elf/handles.jsp
    I ordered this one. It came in the mail today and works great! Thanks so much!

5. You're welcome! Much classier than a plastic bag
    Bob Tampa FL USA
    Euph -- 1984 B&H Round Stamp Sovereign 967 / 1978 Besson NS 767 / Early 90s Sterling MP: 4AL and GW Carbonaria
    Tuba -- 2014 Wisemann 900 CC / 2013 Mack 410 MP: Blokepiece Symphony American Shank and 33.2 #2 Rim