Thread: Besson Euponium 1965 ??

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. Besson Euponium 1965 ??

Hi, just acquired a Silver Besson Euphonium and would like to get some additional info on it if possible... Ser number is 411xxx so i believe that places it around 1965ish.. It is a 5 valve, which i believe makes it a compensating, with an 11 inch bell, 40 inches long. Fortunately everything works and nothing is stuck. Cleaned up really well. Also the mouthpiece bore measures .433 inches... I need an mouthpiece and would like to know if the Bach 6-1/2AL LARGE BORE fits this one... From my reading this era instrument used a 'European size' and the sites claim this will fit... They give bore sizes on mouthpieces but I think they are inside dimensions. Any help further id-ing this instrument would be grateful.. Just turned 70 and I am thinking of taking some lessons on this, played trumpet in my youth. Also should I be thinking of insurance on this..I know nothing of the real value..got it really cheap. It's in beautiful shape with no dents only small dings in inconsequential areas. Thanks for any help. I will try to attach pix.. don't know if it will work... first time..
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails P1020771.JPG   P1020770.JPG