Thread: Weiner Music

Weiner Music

Just a heads up on this. Over the past year or so I've been keeping an eye out for music instrument/equipment/accessories supply places that seem to offer a good range of items, reasonable shipping and return policies, mouthpiece trials, and are "relatively small" as opposed to places like WWBW, Muscian's Friend, Music 123, Mouthpiece Express, etc. Two of my favorites became DF Music (though most of the stuff there is Denis Wick) and Hickey's.

A couple of weeks ago when I was looking around to see what kind of prices I could get on a Wick 2L mouthpiece (with the possibility of returning it if it didn't work out), I stumbled across Weiner Music (http://shop.weinermusic.com/). They had an outstanding price ($82 !!) on the Denis Wick HERITAGE 2L in silver, had surpisingly good prices (often 10%-30% below competition, including the big web operations), and free shipping on accessory orders via the web over $48 (with some constraints). So I ordered the mouthpiece from them together with a Blue Note tuba strap (why not?) that they had on sale for $12. After completing the order, I noticed that the mouthpiece had been marked as "back ordered".

Aha, I thought, I've been through that -- and sent an email to cancel the order since I didn't want to wait an indefinite amount of time. The immediate response was that they could get that item by June 24 and ship it out to me immediately. So -- partly as a test -- I told them to go ahead. Indeed, they did get it on the 24th, and I got it on the 26th. So they're batting 1000 so far.

They're now on my list of "preferred suppliers", and I recommend that others take a look at them as well. By the way ... I think of this as supporting local music stores. They're just not local to me . But they're local to somebody.
    Gary Merrill
    Wessex EEb Bass tuba (DW 3XL or 2XL)
    Mack Brass Compensating Euph (DE N106, Euph J, J9 euph)
    Amati Oval Euph (DE 104, Euph J, J6 euph)
    1924 Buescher 3-valve Eb tuba (with std US receiver), Kelly 25
    Schiller American Heritage 7B clone bass trombone (DE LB K/K10/112/14 Lexan, Brass Ark MV50R)
    1947 Olds "Standard" trombone (Olds #3)

Thanks, Gary. I've known about Weiner Music for decades. I think he used to specialize in woodwinds. My wife bought a clarinet or two there. Then at some point they started to branch out into brasses. Fred Weiner is good people.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium