Thread: Recording of Jan Bach Concerto for Euphonium and Orchestra

Recording of Jan Bach Concerto for Euphonium and Orchestra

Hi all,

For those who are interested, I was given a simple recording of the not so simple Jan Bach Euphonium Concerto.
    In studying the piece I contacted Bach who was more than happy to supply me with a copy of Jukka Myllys performing the solo with the Oulu Symphony Orchestra.

This piece has quickly become a favorite of mine and I would love to share it around. Let me know if you are interested in a copy!

-- Ethan Bourdeau --
    Acoustical Engineering and Music
    The Hartt School of Music
    University of Hartford, W. Hartford, CT
    Willson 2960 TA

Hi there Ethan. I've been hunting a recording of that piece for a while. Definitely interested!

3. Hi Ethan,
    Would you mind sending me that recording? Jan sent it to me awhile ago, but I updated my operating system on my computer and can't find it anymore! My email address is amyschumakerbliss@gmail.com
    Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Jazzybreakfast View Post
    Hi all,

For those who are interested, I was given a simple recording of the not so simple Jan Bach Euphonium Concerto.
    In studying the piece I contacted Bach who was more than happy to supply me with a copy of Jukka Myllys performing the solo with the Oulu Symphony Orchestra.

This piece has quickly become a favorite of mine and I would love to share it around. Let me know if you are interested in a copy!

-- Ethan Bourdeau --
    Acoustical Engineering and Music
    The Hartt School of Music
    University of Hartford, W. Hartford, CT
    Willson 2960 TA
    Amy Schumaker Bliss
    Professor of Euphonium, Rowan University
    Senior Adjunct Professor of Music, Burlington County College