Thread: Student euphonium fire sale (NYC metro area)

1. Student euphonium fire sale (NYC metro area)

Student euphoniums for sale:

I purchased these horns (via eBay and local sales) with my own money for students to use at my school as part of a euphonium choir. I'm leaving teaching at the end of this academic year and no longer need them. Each case (but not the gig bag) has my initials and an ID # stenciled on both sides as a theft preventative measure and to allow me to monitor use of the horns. I can provide additional details about me (including my name/initials), my school etc. privately. Long story short: I own the instruments.

Each of the 6 horns listed below is for sale for $300, including a case/gig bag, a Yamaha 48 mouthpiece and a bottle of valve oil. Additionally, I have two Yamaha YEP-201 that are in pretty rough shape, but playable: good for TubaChristmas and/or parades. In addition to sizeable (and many) dings, dents and finish issues, both have stripped valve casing threads. They are certainly playable, but not necessarily student serviceable. The valves can be oiled from below. These beater horns are for sale for $100 each. One case is fair/good. One case is poor/fair (stays closed with a bungee cord), but usable.

I will sell the entire lot: The 6 horns listed below and the 2 beater horns (8 in all) for $1750 or best in-person offer. Cash or Paypal (you pay fees). I would consider an excellent Yamaha YSL-354 with superb slide action as a trade/partial trade.

The big catch: I'm not shipping any of them. Prospective buyers must make the journey to Staten Island, NY to see/try them. First-come, first-served. First-served get(s) the pick(s) of the litter, including mixing and matching horns/cases. If you are interested in the entire lot, I can meet within a reasonable driving distance in the NYC metro area. No need to ask about shipping. I don't have the time or inclination to pack/ship them.

The following horns are in good to very good condition, clean and ready to go:

Silver plate Yamaha YEP-201
    -good number of dings/small dents
    -good plating
    -new valve springs and buttons
    -great sound (best of the lot; better than the YEP-321 that I've played recently)
    -includes very clean Altieri gig bag (black with blue quilted interior)

Lacquer Jupiter YEP-468
    -very few small dings (probably qualify as nicks)
    -very nice shape
    -includes an additional (new in package) valve set (just the pistons)
    -very good case

Lacquer Jupiter YEP-466
    -good number of dings and small/medium dents
    -sounds better than the 468 in my opinion
    -good case with missing molding on the bottom
    -needs one valve felt
    -I think this is a convertible model, but don't have a marching leadpipe (if applicable)

Lacquer Yamaha YEP-201
    -has finish issues, numerous dings and a bell crease (still presentable)
    -sounds better than the other lacquer horns
    -nearly new SKB case

Lacquer Yamaha YEP-201
    -very nice shape
    -a few dings
    -good case

Lacquer Yamaha YEP-201
    -good number of dings, but decent finish
    -fair/good case

Pictures:

http://s1285.photobucket.com/user/ny...?sort=3&page=1
    Last edited by nycbone; 05-18-2013 at 06:18 PM.

Note to OP: the photo link does not work. Please try again. If you can't figure it out, just enter the link as plain text and I'll convert it.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

3. Should work now. Thanks for the heads-up!

4. Willing to wheel and deal on these.

Memorial Day sale: $1500 for the lot.

eBay feedback: nycbone64