Thread: wrong notes in songs of the British isles?

wrong notes in songs of the British isles?

David,
    Every time I teach this quartet to my students, there are notes that jump out at me that make me say "that CAN'T be right!"

there's at least one Ab in the 4th movement of the 1st euph part that sounds better as a natural (sorry, don't have the score in front of me, but I will soon) and a few notes in the 2nd tuba part of the 4th movement.

I'm wondering if you've even listed your official "score corrections" for mistake that made it to print?

that being said, it's my favorite tuba quartet. I never get tired of introducing it to kids year after year.
    Last edited by 58mark; 03-01-2013 at 06:58 AM.

No, I don't have such a list for my pieces. It's not a bad idea, though. One barrier is that folks "in the field" who find bad notes will usually just make the correction and not report it. These days I seldom play in a quartet so I don't have that same opportunity. (And while I was playing in a quartet, we would often use a pre-publication part to start with and just kept on using it, so there was a disconnect.)

If you let me know where your questions are I'll take a look. Thanks.
    Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

sure, I'd love to make a list of the notes in question. I'm doing an ensemble practice this morning in fact.