Thread: Stolen tuba in so cal (san diego)

Unhappy Stolen tuba in so cal (san diego)

Greetings. I mainly hang out on the euphonium side of this fine group. Last night, a friend of mine and fellow member of a local community band had his horn stolen. His name is John Barrett and he's one of the nicest guys I've ever met. Anyway, here is some information about the tuba:

"Horn Details: The Tuba is a silver Conn Eb Tuba, serial number 126593, made in 1912. My Dad bought her at an auction in our town, Webster NY, around 1969. She had been played in our Village Band in the 1910's by the editor of the local paper, Albert Andrews, so I called her Albertina, or Tina for short. I've had some considerable work done on her, including adding at least one additional water key so that there are water keys on the main tuning slide, the first valve slide and the third valve slide, a distinguishing characteristic. About ten years ago I had piston valve work done that really helped and cost nearly $500.The above photo shows her clearly and I will send a couple others, since I don't know how to include them all in one e-mail."

If any of you west coast members see it or have any information to pass on, please contact me directly @ dta3923@yahoo.com. John has filed a police report.

Thanks again,
    Dan
    San Diego, CA
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Judge John #2.jpg