Thread: Used 642 pricing

Used 642 pricing

I do solo work and brass quintet work in church and have played on a beginning level euphonium. I am new to info on semi/pro level horns. I have first refusal rights on purchasing a ten-year-old 642 from a trusted person. What would be a "fair" price range for this 642 with "a few small dings?"

Used 642 pricing

A section mate of mine sold his 642S two years ago. It was about 5 or 6 years old with no dents or dings. He sold it to an aspiring music student for $3500... but i think he was cutting the student a bit of a break. Hope this helps.

sent from iPad
    Rick Floyd
    Miraphone 5050 - Warburton BJ / RF mpc
    YEP-641S (recently sold)
    Doug Elliott - 102 rim; I-cup; I-9 shank

"Always play with a good tone, never louder than lovely, never softer than supported." - author unknown.
    Symphonic Band of the Palm Beaches
    El Cumbanchero (Raphael Hernandez, arr. Naohiro Iwai)
    Chorale and Shaker Dance
    (John Zdechlik)

3. Used 642 pricing

I sold a used 642 for $3800 a year and a half ago.

I've always had a soft spot for 642's, just too easy to play to hate on them.

Hiram

4. Used 642 pricing

"I've always had a soft spot for 642's"

-you've got lots of soft spots....: )
    Martin Cochran
    Adams Performing Artist
    mceuph75@gmail.com

5. Used 642 pricing

Let the games begin!

Used 642 pricing

Originally posted by: cochranme you've got lots of soft spots....: )
    Hey, I resemble that remark!

Dave Werden (ASCAP)
    Euphonium Soloist, U.S. Coast Guard Band, retired
    Adams Artist (Adams E3)
    Alliance Mouthpiece (DC3)
    YouTube: dwerden
    Facebook: davewerden
    Twitter: davewerden
    Instagram: davewerdeneuphonium

7. I know this posting is a couple months old, but I'll throw in my two cents...

I purchased my 642S for $2,800 which was a good deal,. The asking price was $3,200 but I haggled it down to 2,800 because of the horn's condition, which was OK, it played fine, but was far from perfect.

The horn was in OK condition... there were a number of small scuffs and scratches I was able to buff out, a few deep scratches in the silver plate which couldn't be helped, a couple minor dings, and one rather noticeable dent in the bottom bow, but played beautifully and came with a nice Dennis Wick mouthpiece.

I've seen them sell anywhere from $2,700(In decent, playable condition) to $4,500(Brand new condition)
    Edit: Retail, the horn is about 5,800.